There is a 500 outgoing email hourly limit per domain. This limit is also applied towards Mailman. If you send over this amount in any hour, most of the e-mails will bounce back with an undeliverable error. If this occurs, it will then take some time for your account to be able to send again so we recommend waiting at least 1 hour after this issue occurs to begin sending email again.
Any mailing list larger than 5,000 addresses will require a custom hosting solution from us. Note: Dividing one large list into smaller lists to avoid this limit is not allowed.
Mailing Lists Rules
1. Unless you have a custom hosting solution, when sending a message to any email list you must throttle it. We recommend that you throttle it to sending no faster than 1 email every 8 seconds. If the mailing list software you're using does not allow you to throttle you must switch to an application or script that will. We recommend PHPList, which can be found in your CPanel under Fantastico.
IMPORTANT: If you do not throttle emails you may cause a very high load on the server, causing all sites to become sluggish, and potentially affecting your own sites and service, until the sending process has completed. We work to keep the server up and running without sluggishness or issues. Anyone whose activites cause the server to become overloaded will be suspended and the process will be terminated. If you choose not to throttle, you are likely to be suspended..
2. The list must be a Double Opt-In list. This means a user has subscribed for a newsletter or other email marketing messages by explicitly requesting it and confirming the email address to be their own. Confirmation is usually done by responding to a notification/confirmation email sent to the email address the end user specified. The double opt-in method eliminates the chance of abuse where somebody submits someone else's email address without their knowledge and against their will. You will not be permitted to mail any mailing list that you were given or purchased. In doing so, this will also be considered spamming and may result in termination of the offending account.
Email Scripts must be able to handle and document all information from a double opt-in list. This includes processing opt-outs (via web or email) and list removal on bounce backs. All opt-outs or bounce back removals must be handled in a timely manner, and outbound mail must be throttled on shared packages to a maximum of five hundred (500) emails per hour. If your account is found to be using a script that does not meet these requirements, PageUpPro reserves the right to suspend, terminate, or deactivate your script or account.
3. Any unsolicited e-mail being sent will result in suspension or termination of the offending account. We take a zero tolerance stance against sending of unsolicited e-mail and other forms of spam.
4. Any mailling list MUST comply with all guidelines set forth by the United States government. These can be found at:
5. No direct SMTP mailers are allowed. An example of this would be a Darkmailer or The Bat!. Any mail should be sent through the local mail server/MTA for further delivery by the server and not done directly by scripts.